Updated: December 17, 2020
Please note, we are not a healthcare provider and the Service is not a medical or healthcare service; the Service is not intended diagnose or treat medical conditions.
1.) Information Collection and How We Use It
“Personal Information” is information that directly or indirectly identifies you or can be used to identify you as an individual. The following are the categories of Personal Information we collect about you and how we collect it:
Information from Your Employer, University or Referring Organization (as applicable). As part of the initial outreach to use the Service or for you to register, your employer, university or other referring organization that provides or requires the Service for your use may send us your name, mobile number, and employee ID, student ID or other identification number as applicable., We use this information to verify your eligibility to access the Service or to send you the link to register for the Service.
Once you register, we collect your responses to the health screening, which may include general information about your health and medical care, any symptoms you may be experiencing and in certain cases, information about your potential exposure to others with positive diagnoses for certain conditions. We use this information to provide recommended actions based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention and any specific information provided by your employer, university or other referring organization.
For some users, we may also ask if you are interested in participating in a voluntary research study. If you choose to participate, we may collect additional information relevant to the research study, including your sex assigned at birth, race, ethnicity, and information about your health and medical care. Once you consent to participate in a study, your information is passed to the institution conducting the research and subject to the terms of the research protocol and informed consent. Participation in a research study is completely voluntary. NOTE: You may continue to use the health screening survey without participating in a research study.
Sneez will maintain identified user symptom data and personal information until it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected by SneezSafe for a user’s employer, school or other organization, or by any public health entity, or for research purposes. Once it is no longer needed by the aforesaid entity, Sneez will de-identify the data by removing your name and other personal information, except for zip code, and archive it in secure storage.
We also use your Personal Information to provide the Service; to respond to your requests or inquiries or otherwise communicate with you about or through the Service; and to manage, protect and improve the Service. For example, if you agree to receive text messages, we will use your mobile number to send you reminders and alerts pertaining to your use of the Service.
To the extent required by law or healthcare mandates of healthcare agencies or government officials in connection with infectious diseases, pandemics or outbreaks, Sneez reserves the right to share any information about individual end users as legally required, and such disclosure shall be deemed not to conflict with other provisions herein.
Information Collected Automatically. We may automatically collect Personal Information about you when you visit or use the Service. For example, we automatically collect your information when you register with the Service. We may also aggregate personal information that we automatically collect in connection with your use of the Service, such that the information no longer identifies you. We may use and disclose such aggregated information for our business purposes.
We also automatically collect some information and data about your computer or mobile device when you use the Service. For example, we collect your IP address, device and browser type. We may also use your IP address to collect your general location. This information helps us improve the Service and provide information specific to your use of the Service.
- Log Data: When you use the Service, we or our service providers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. For example, when you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not
limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile
Internet browser you use and other statistics (“Log Data”). Log Data is not intended to be personally identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies, to delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The help feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, delete or disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, please be aware that you may not be able to use or access some features of the Service and some features and services of our Service may not work as intended.
Cookie data is not intended to be personally identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
2.) Do Not Track Disclosure; Third-Party Tracking
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals or messages and we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent that your browser or device sends us a DNT signal or message. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You may be able to enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. Other than our service providers (such as our website analytics provider), we do not permit third-parties to track your activities overtime and across websites and the Service for purposes of promoting the third-party’s own products or services. That said, we cannot control third-party tracking and there may be some third- party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
3.) Information We Share with Others
Customers or Licensees. We will disclose your Personal Information to the entity procuring your access to the Service or the organizations acting on their behalf, as allowed by law. None of these customers or their representatives will have access to information you provide related to clinical research (should you choose to disclose such information through the Service). For example:
- Your Employer: The organization or health advisor acting on behalf of your employer to provide health screenings through the Service will have access to your Personal Information, including the results of your screening, which is an indication of whether
you are cleared to return to work, need follow-up consultation or are not cleared to work. Your employer will only be provided with the categorical result of your screening and will not have access to your responses, except for the responses to employer- requested custom survey questions. If applicable and as allowed by law, your Employer may also have access to your screening responses for the purpose of reducing the spread of illness and monitoring the health of your workplace for as long as you remain employed with that Employer.
- Your University (Students): The organization or health advisor acting on behalf of your university to provide health screenings through the Service will have access to your Personal Information, including the results of your screening, which is an indication of whether you are cleared to return to campus, need follow-up consultation or are not cleared to return to campus. Your University will also have access to your screening responses for the purpose of reducing the spread of illness and monitoring the health of the University
- Your PreK-12 public and private schools: The organization or health advisor acting on behalf of your school to provide health screenings through the Service will have access to your Personal Information, including the results of your screening, which is an indication of whether you are cleared to return to your school campus, need follow-up consultation or are not cleared to return to campus. Your school administrators and health personnel will be provided with the categorical results of your screening and may have access to your responses. Your school administrators and health personnel will also have access to your screening responses for the purpose of reducing the spread of illness and monitoring the health of the school
- Other Businesses: Other customers may include event operators or venues or other businesses that require health screenings prior to entry or access. Such organizations or health advisors acting on their behalf may have access to your Personal Information, including the results of your screening, which is an indication of whether you are cleared to return to the event/venue/business, need follow-up consultation or are not cleared. The event operator, venue or other business will only be provided with the categorical result of your screening and will not have access to your responses, except for the responses to other business-requested custom survey
Research Institutes. If you opt in to participate in a research study and provide consent, we will share your information with the institution conducting the research study. All further activities involving the research (and use of your Personal Information for such research) will be subject to the informed consent and research protocol to which you consented.
Business Transactions. If Sneez, LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change of control or sale, all information we collect, including your Personal Information, may be transferred as a business asset.
We strive to implement and maintain commercially reasonable security for Personal Information we collect through the Service. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
5.) Links to Other Sites
6.) Children’s Privacy
The Service is not directed to children under age 13. Only persons age 18 (or older if the age of majority is higher where they reside) have permission to use the Service. Parents or legal guardians may use the Service to share their child’s information as a household member, but the parent or legal guardian should not let their child use the Service if they are under age. When you submit information to the Service about a child, you agree that the submission of such information is voluntary and that you are the child’s parent or legal guardian and have permission and authority to submit such information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
7.) Notice to Residents of Countries Outside the United States We are headquartered in and the Service is operated in the United States. The Service is not targeted at individuals outside the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, be advised that any information we collect will be transferred to and